Re: CGAL, triangulation, MMA

I don't know why synaptic wants to remove all these boost packages, but I would request to keep them. cgal2 is not enough indeed. Sorry for that, I didn't remember (cgal is mostly headers, so, I didn't think there was a package without them...).

you can do that to be sure you have everything in one command : "sudo aptitude install cgal-demo". It will install the dependencies cgal2 and cgal-dev automatically.

It installs demo sources that you can compile. Some of them are usable programms with Qt interfaces, to define and display geometric constructions.

Bruno

Note : *-dev packages are what you want for using a library in c++ usually. They contain header files defining whats in the library.

boon chiaweng a écrit :
Thanks Vaclav for the quick response. From the synaptic package manager, I installed libcgal2. I have not installed libcgal-dev. I'm still a novice, and don't know what are the differences. According to Synaptic, libcgal-dev contains the header files. When I want to install it, there are a lot of files that have to be removed. I've attached the screenshot in this email. Should I proceed to uninstall the files?

Yours,

CWBoon

> From: eudoxos@xxxxxxxx
> To: yade-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 12:16:20 +0100
> Subject: Re: [Yade-users] CGAL, triangulation, MMA
>
> > Checking for
> > CGAL::Exact_predicates_inexact_constructions_kernel::Point_3() in C++
> > library CGAL... no
> > ERROR: Unable to compile with optional feature `cgal'.
> https://www.yade-dem.org/sphinx/prog.html#library-detection
>
> > My cgal is installed in the following directories.
> You probably miss cgal headers.

Chareyre Bruno
Maître de Conférences

Grenoble INP
Laboratoire 3SR - bureau E145
BP 53 - 38041, Grenoble cedex 9 - France
Tél : 33 4 56 52 86 21
Fax : 33 4 76 82 70 43