Re: Are our systems conservatives?

Hi Bruno, please see attached file. I am not completely sure but I think it would be correct to distinguish between loading and unloading phase. I am trying to prove it analytically, I am not yet totally confident.. What do you think?

There is no trialFs in your figures, this is the key factor.

us + (current-prev)/ks could make sense in some formulations if *=ratio was applied _before,_ but it is applied _after, _so that "current" is in fact the "trial" value (as you pointed out).

OTOH, us is exactly (trialFs-prevFs)/ks, by definition of trialFs,
(trialFs-currentFs)/ks is exactly the plastic part ,
and (currentFs-prevFs)/ks is the elastic part.

I don't see any difference between loading and unloading.

Bruno