Re: Periodic triaxial

Yes, supposing a strain-controlled test you will find the usage of the
>> strain rate of loading to update relative velocities. Maybe is that what we
>> need once adopting ScGeom?
>>

> Yes, this is what we need. Note that updating velocity should be done on
> bodies themselves to be really correct (i.e. there is really no "edge" of
> the packing, what is supposed to be obtained with homotheticCellResize>0).
> Updating relative velocity for interactions across period is another
> independant problem.

Yes, that is indipendent. But why would you choose to update velocities and
not particle positions? Which, if I am not wrong, is already done in
NewtonIntegrator.

> I'll keep posting changes in periodicity in this thread, as I fix stuff.

Perfect.

> TODO :
> 4 - Define relative velocity across period correctly. It should be done
> adding a velGrad*shift2 term, but shift2 is unknown in Law2... I'll maybe
> exploit the "shear" attribute of ScGeom to precompute a shifted shear disp
> increment in Ig2, and use it later in Law2.
> (btw : isn't that an interesting option to merge ScGeom and Dem3? Letting
> shear be the total OR incremental displacement?)

Bruno why do we not define a strain rate instead of velGrad?