Re: Compare Experimental and Numerical

Hi

Thanks Jerome and Bruno for your answers.

As you said it's a calibration problem.

>It's called "Young" modulus because it defines the Young's modulus of
>the packing (modulo a constant factor)...

Ok I just didn't understand why it's called "Young Modulus". So the calibration work could be defined as finding this "constant factor".
Anyway, I'll just call it "stiffness", it's perhaps more appropriate...

I suppose it's the same problem with "Poisson coefficient"?
(I was asking myself why it's called Poisson)

>Instead of justifying the equations of this specific functor, I'd rather
>ask: what contact behaviour do you want to simulate?

I just want to simulate frictional elastic contacts for the moment, so it seems appropriate. It's not really the contact law I want to check here for my work.

Benoit