Re: [Question #181411]: cylinder larger than half of the periodic cell

Chareyre proposed the following answer:

> >What do you mean when saying that the centre of the cylinder have to be in (0,0,0)?
Sorry, I meant an integer vector defining a period. We generate and plot
bodies in period (0,0,0), but they can move during the simulation to
other periods (say (0,+1,0) if it goes up and reach the next period).
It terms of cartesian coordinates, the cylinder must be in the box
defined by the origin (0,0,0) and hSize. It should not be at the origin,
I agree.

> >2/ A chain with one cylinder means without the loop for the chain, right? Then I have to close the chain anyway, is that correct?
> But if I try doing it, in the 3d view I've got a wire cylinder in my domain, and a full cylinder in the periodic space.. and I can't really explain why.
Oh yes, you are right, one cylinder means two nodes.
The wire cylinder is probably just because of the display trying to show
the same body in the adjacent period (you have this for spheres to).
Try turning off "ghosts" in the Display tab, and it should disappear.
Note that the length of your two-nodes cylinder can be arbitrary high,
it will not hurt. In fact you should make it very long so that spheres
moving in different periods will never touch the ends of it.

Bruno