[Question #190075]: About NewtonIntegrator(damping) and utils.PWaveTimeStep()

I'm researching the soil sampling process using yade. I want to know how to choose the damping parameter of the NewtonIntegrator(damping=) and how it influence the simulation speed. Additionally, I don't know how to choose the simulation step. Usually, O.dt=xxx*utils.PWaveTimeStep(),where xxx is sometimes less than 1, and sometimes more than 1, I want to know how to choose it, and is it related to the property of the soil. Thank you very much!!