Re: [Question #271763]: Using expanding method to reach specific porosity doesn't work properly!

Fu zuoguang proposed the following answer:
Dear Meidani:

In my experience,  the process of expanding method you said above strongly depends on two things, one is particle stiffness and the
other is specified confine pressure.

As you mentioned,  after thousands of iterations, porosity changes are
very small, I think it maybe beacause the particles you used in your
running are too hard and the determined confine pressure that may
actuate your sample to present the compressbility is not so high that
the your sample is nearly stable before your target porosity is reached.

Decreasing the stiffnesses of particles or increasing the confine
pressure before running may help you for your target.

Best wishes,
Fu