Re: [Question #662276]: yade --check

Robert Caulk proposed the following answer:
Hello Azim,

Please, help me help you get Yade installed on your machine :-) I will
reiterate my past responses here.

It appears to me that you are mixing up installation procedures. There
are several ways to install yade, each method is highlighted here [1].
You do not need to install yade with all methods indicated in that
document, you only need to choose one method. The most straightforward
way is to use "packaged" installation.

We came to the conclusion earlier in this thread that your best bet will
be to install yadedaily from packages. So you only need to follow the
first few instructions in the "pacakges" [2] section:

sudo bash -c 'echo "deb http://www.yade-dem.org/packages/ xenial/" >> /etc/apt/sources.list'
wget -O - http://www.yade-dem.org/packages/yadedev_pub.gpg | sudo apt-key add -
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install yadedaily

It appears you tried this at some point in the thread, but you ran into
an error with one of the libraries. I searched the Yade forums for the
same error and came upon this thread [3], which seems to suggest you may
have typed one of the commands incorrectly. I implore(d) you to read
through [3] to see if that problem aligns with yours, and maybe the
solution aligns with yours as well.

I also asked if you are able to simply type "sudo apt-get install yade"
? But I never heard a response...

Cheers,

Robert

[1]https://yade-dem.org/doc/installation.html#installation