Re: [Question #706187]: Servo controller torque and force engine

> Angular velocity is the controlling variable which I need to adjust
with a variable torque. So is the linear velocity which is controlled by
force. Therefore, velocity and angVelocity shouldn't be input but are
used for servo- increase and/or decrease of force and torque.

Yes. This is exactly what ServoPIDController does (for linear velocity and force).
You just need to use the same approach for angular velocity and torque.
Either in C++ as a separate engine, or more simply in Python and PyRunner and adjusting angularVelocity according to torque.

> Another question, is ServoPIDController an independent engine or it
should be conjugated other engines or be included in the
combinedKinematics Engine. I don't know many of its variables and I
didn't find an example of its usage anywhere.

It depends on situation.
It should be OK to combine it with "independend" kinamtic engine (RotationEngine?), where rotation is controlled and then independent linear motion is controlled by the servo controller.

But in general, I think the servo controller is essentially a force
engine rather than kinematic engine, it is kinematic engine "just as
implementation detail"..

> ServoPIDController ... and I didn't find an example of its usage
anywhere.

[5] ?

Cheers
Jan

[5] https://gitlab.com/yade-
dev/trunk/-/blob/master/examples/PIDController.py