Re: Document folder and document root - difference

El día Sat, 17 Jan 2009 16:58:30 +0100, Vlastimil Ott <linux@xxxxxxxxxx>
escribía:

> My question is - what's the difference between doc folder and doc root? I
> cannot fully understand ths section in help:getting started:

	The document root is the directory where you put the files linked in
your Zim pages. For example: let's say you have as document root the
directory "~/Documents/zim/files". If you link to a file
"/music/happy_birthday.mp3", the file "happy_birthday.mp3" has to be in the
subdirectory "music" of the document root, which means that the full path to
the file would be "~/Documents/zim/files/music/happy_birthday.mp3". If you are
used to the configuration of web servers, the document root is like the
"documentroot" keyword of Apache configuration.

	OTOH, the document folder is the place where you put your Zim pages,
which might be the same as your document root or might not. For example, the
document folder of the previous example could be "~/Documents/zim". The
"Home" directory would be there, as well as the "Home.txt" page.

	Hope this clears it up a bit.

--
        Roberto Suarez Soto                             Allenta Consulting
        robe@xxxxxxxxxxx                                   www.allenta.com