Announcing an installer for Zim on Windows

You may have seen my message a month ago saying that I was planning to build
a Windows installer for Zim. Well, here you go:

http://code.google.com/p/zimdesktopwiki-windows/

I could not come up with a convenient way to download large dependencies
(Perl + GTK) from upstream sources during installation, so I included a
customized copy of camelbox <http://code.google.com/p/camelbox/> in the
installer. Since that makes the installer 21MB in size, I thought it would
be best to host it at Google Code, rather than on the Zim web site or my web
site.

Jaap, if you want to link to this on the Zim web site, you might want to
include a word of caution. This is a first release, and while it probably
won't eat your babies, it will eat up 74MB of space after installation.

Thanks to Eugene Schava who contacted me privately and emailed his previous
work on the subject to me.

Brendan Kidwell

Follow ups