Re: Online storage

El día Fri, 20 Nov 2009 13:42:55 +0200, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen@xxxxxxxxx>
escribía:

> >        I'd like to have something that I could use like Dropbox, but with
> > Open Source software. The rsync-backed-storage-thingy is the piece that
> > I'm lacking. Using Conduit (http://live.gnome.org/Conduit) I can have
> > transparent synchronization using ssh, but as I said before, that's not
> > very efficient.
> Can you access Dropbox via SSH yet? That is the feature that I am
> waiting for. Why install a proprietary protocol?

	I'll answer your last question first: because there's nothing like
that in the Open Source world. There's nothing as good as Dropbox that's also
Open Source, and as I needed the features, I chose Dropbox.

	That said, you can only access your files in Dropbox via the web
interface or Dropbox itself. But in my case, I said rsync+ssh because I'd like
to use rsync using the cryptographic features of ssh (and because I'd host my
files in a server I access through ssh), not because ssh per se is one of the
features I'd like.

--
        Roberto Suarez Soto                             Allenta Consulting
        robe@xxxxxxxxxxx                                   www.allenta.com