Re: Online storage

--- On Thu, 11/19/09, Pedro <pedro100@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> From: Pedro <pedro100@xxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: [Zim-wiki] Online storage
> To: "Zim" <zim-wiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Thursday, November 19, 2009, 2:18 PM
> There's a page called IMAPstorage on
> the 'HACKING' notebook. Personally i think
> possibilities are endless as there are countless ways of
> storing data online. The simplest that comes to my mind is
> using FTP. But I am sceptical about this, won't this be
> a bit slow?
>

> More precisely: How often does store_page() gets called?
>
> Other than that it looks rather strait forward to implement
> a basic notebook storage.
>
> Pedro

Thanks for bringing this up - after spending a few weeks messing about trying to get Zim to access a cPanel "WebDisc" (a VB desktop applet and/or something on SSL port https://example.com:2078/), I have come the conclsusion that there /has/ to be a better way.

Given what I know about Perl's ability to transparently access remote files and file systems, I was just getting ready to start looking at the Zim sources, but figured I should catch up on the FAQs and mailing list, first...

I look forward to following and participating in this!