Re: Online storage

I want to add something which hasn't been mentioned before: iFolder.
iFolder is sponsored by Novell. It requires Mono for the client.
It's open source, but the iFolder server binaries is only readily available
for Suse distros.
I tested via their iFolder server VM appliance.

Using the iFolder client on ubuntu was pretty straight forward when there
was a ppa available (not sure if it's still available now).  Mac and Windows
clients are available from the iFolder website.

It works pretty well.  I have a test zim wiki at work which I synced across
my Ubuntu workstation, Macbook, and Windows XP VM.

However, in the end, I still felt more comfortable using bazaar.
Agree with the earlier posts that bazaar is not easily accessible for the
less technically inclined.

For non-technical folks personal use, I don't see why someone would choose
iFolder over Dropbox.
The only possible reason to use iFolder is to run your own server, but it
takes alot more effort.

In any event, I'm surprised that there aren't more opensource projects which
emulate Dropbox.
There is even a twitter-clone called Laconica.   I don't know of any
Dropbox-clones.