Re: Online storage

On Sun, Nov 29, 2009 at 7:02 PM, Pedro <pedro100@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thank you Jaap. 5 seconds sounds to often indeed, considering i am willing
> to save stuff over HTTP.
> Option 1 is what I'm looking for. What would be the quickest/easiest  way
> to override those 5 seconds in a plugin's context?

I don't think you really want to override them. The longer the interval, the
bigger the risk of loosing data when either the program or the computer
crashes.

Probably you want to do a two-step process. So save a local cache file every
5 seconds, and synchronize e.g. when the user navigates away from a page.
The GtkInterface has a "close-page" signal which a plugin can connect to to
know when the user navigates away.