Re: Managing the notebook list

On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 2:11 PM, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >> 1) I think that "notes" is the wrong term here, even if Zim has been
> >> using it historically.
> >
> > How about ~/Notebooks ? Or is that not what you meant ?
> >

> Theses are not notes, nor is Zim a notebook. I think that the
> ill-defined term "wiki" better describes Zim. I mention this because
> the term "notes" has been used for at least a decade by various
> software applications that store single-page "notes" with no hierarchy
> nor linking.

In my opinion "wiki" is just as vague as "notes". If you want to be
technical, probably something like "hypertext notes" would be most
descriptive, but I'm afraid this will scare away non-technical users.

Anyway, this is not the point of discussion now. Since the whole interface
is using the concept of a "notebook" to refer to a set of pages I'm not
going to deviate from that for choosing a default directory name.