Re: RFC: list of features

On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 8:12 AM, Randomcoder <randomcoder1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> 2) "Go Dark" mode where some script scans all your notes and each link it
> finds it
> fetches from the web

The suggestions in this thread are good, but if anyone wants a quick and
dirty solution, I would suggest while we wait for someone to step up and
write a plugin:

1. Export entire notebook to HTML in ~/temp/zim-offline.
2. Point a download manager such as GWget at file://~/temp/zim-offline and
run. You'd need to configure it to go no further than one link away from
localhost and make sure you don't try to download the whole Internet.

Disclaimer: I don't know exactly how to do step 2 with GWget. The only web
crawler I know is a non-free app for Windows called TelePort Pro, which I
would highly recommend if you want to spend money on such a product.

Brendan Kidwell