Re: About dates in todos

On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 9:15 AM, Svenn Are Bjerkem
<svenn.bjerkem@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I see that the way a date is attached to an item has changed. Now, I
> generally do not use due dates, but instead use the date when the item
> was created. When I open the task overview, all dates will be marked
> in red, since they are in the past, and as due dates they should be
> marked red. All this red color makes me nervous :-). Would it be
> sensible to extend the [d: <date>] notation to have a few more
> meanings of the date? I can come up with a few possible types of
> dates: Entry date, start date, due date, done date. I usually only use
> entry date and done date as the due dates are tedious to update as
> projects shift (They always do). Since the Task list can sort on
> dates, I will have complete overview of tasks not finished, and how
> old they are. In the current implementation, I still do, but the red
> color make me feel a bit late on everything :-)

It's quite easy to patch the tasklist plugin to accept other date
types as well (or other property fields for that matter). Most work
will be in adding configuration that allows you to customize which
columns to show in the overview. This requires some ui design work. If
someone feels like working on this, please have a look at the tasklist
code and start hacking.

As for the other item mentioned, tags still showing in the task
description. I did that on purpose, because it allows scanning the
list and notice when tags are missing. Making the list filter these
out is also quite easy (we already do it with the date field) but I
would prefer a preference to control that.