Re: zim for maemo (N800-N810-N900 Nokia devices)

El Miércoles 17 Marzo 2010, Jaap Karssenberg escribió:
> Btw. I see fro mthe discussion on talk.maemo that zim does not yet
> open files with the correct applications on maemo. What is the
> limitation here ? My guess would be that for any platform there is
> some generic filemanager command to open open a file or folder.
> Configuring this command should make things work. Or do you need some
> library for this on maemo?
Nothing that easy. There is an incredibly wonky non-standard system based on
dbus.
See this thread if you feel curious:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=15194&highlight=dbus+open+mime

But today, I just got lucky and found a small command line program attached in
a bug report somewhere in maemo bugzilla just for this, that could be
distributed in the maemo deb package.
So, I could open any file with
hildon-mime-summon <file.ext> <optional-mimetype>

Now, I just need to understand how zim open files and put the command there.

--
Don't see the world through a window, be open{source}minded, and be free :-)