Re: Windows installer for Zim 0.46 ready

On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 10:57 AM, Brendan Kidwell <snarf@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The installer and the app seem to work otherwise, so here's the installer:
> http://www.glump.net/software/zim
> You can go ahead and link to here from the Zim web site now if you'd like.
> Jaap, let me know how you want to approach bug 562111. I'm not sure where to
> start on that.
> If you want to merge my Bazaar branch into the trunk right away, go for it.

Thanks, tested it here and it looks great :) Will merge and update the
website later this week.

The bug should be easy to fix, just means we try logging a debug
message before setting up the logging infrastructure. I'll double
check where in the code this might happen. I have seen this message on
linux as well, just didn't pay much attention since it doesn't cause a
dialog to popup there.

Looks like zim.exe can not output to the terminal, e.g. "zim
--version" fails. However using "zim --debug" results in debug results
ending up in zim.exe.log as well. My guess is that the compiler does
some special handling for the logging module backend.

One detail I see is that the installer packages bzrlib, but not the
bzr command itself. This means that probably some versioning commands
are failing since we can not do everything purely on bzrlib. I can
also work around this if including main bzr executable is an issue.