Help with interwiki links

Hey, all. I'm trying to connect two notebooks on my computer (one is my
journal/todo list, the other my notes/odd information collection). I'm
trying to used interwiki links, and I'm not sure it's going like it's
supposed to.

if I put a link to "notes?projectX" on todays journal page, what sort of
response should I expect when I click it? Assuming my "notes" notebook has a
"projectX" page.
What I'm getting is a text editor application instance opening the source
text of the page.
In my case it's gedit. Is this correct? Is there a better way for me to do
this?

--

Chapak Patrick Smith