Re: Two critical issues for me in Zim

On Mon, 7 Jun 2010 14:58:57 +0300
Dotan Cohen <dotancohen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> It seems to me that the term wiki refers to the interlinked-pages, not
> to the markup involved. Note that the word "wiki" means "quick" in the
> Hawai'ian language, and it refers to the ease of editing the content.

Why would you want to be "slow" for the markup? It seems to me, wiki is most adequately understood as "simplified markup"; markup being links and formatting.

> The issue is not limited to pasting. Typing will trigger the effect as
> well, therefore in my opinion the setting should operate from the
> assumption that the user is typing, and should treat pasted text just
> as if it were typed in.

That is exactly what happens right now, isn't it? And as Jaap said and you agreed, typed wiki markup will always be parsed (rather than printed as-is). Correct me if I'm wrong, but you seem to suggest contradicting requirements.

Cheers,
Fabian