Re: Two critical issues for me in Zim

On Mon, 2010-06-07 at 12:19 +0200, Jaap Karssenberg wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 11:50 AM, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I think we need further discussion how and when to allow wiki syntax
> and when to assume verbatim text.

I would like to add to the discussion (don't read me in the strict
sense, because my English is somewhat limited).

https://bugs.launchpad.net/zim/+bug/297932
https://bugs.launchpad.net/zim/+bug/586296
https://bugs.launchpad.net/zim/+bug/589525

These bugs report some problems--possibly related--of Zim parsing text
formatting incorrectly. It is my feeling that priority should be given
to achieve the same level of usability provided by any other standard
wiki software, when it comes to text formatting:

- there should not be an empty return line when I tabulate the text
(Normal text)
- there should not be two empty return lines when I tabulate the text
(Verbatim text)
- there should not be difference of tab spacing between verbatim and
Normal text
- Verbatim text should not add an empty extraneous line to block
verbatim text
- All in all, any formatting applied should be consistent.

Zim has already many net features, But my main purpose using a wiki is
taking notes--not kitchen linear notes, then I would use Gnote--using
"Tabs" and different formatting. Zim has currently some bugs preventing
me to take good looking notes.

There is also the table feature. it should be implemented, in a way or
another, in a future release. I currently need to take a print screen
anytime I come across a table in a document I am summarizing using Zim.

So, yes I like Zim has become my central application linking my notes,
lists, thoughts, correspondance, homeworks, etc. But I'd like Zim to be
as reliable and performant as any other Wiki software in term of text
formatting.
	nomnex