Re: Installing on Windows: This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect

On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 14:36, Brendan Kidwell <snarf@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> BLOODY REPLY-ALL NON-DEFAULT issue in Gmail... Trying again to all.
>

> Thanks for the heads up.
>
> Sorry I've been quiet. Obviously at this point, Zim 0.55 isn't going
> to happen. Last week I prepared a pristine Windows XP SP 3 VM with
> pesky WGA removed, and I'm going to fork that VM and use one instance
> to build Zim 0.56, and another to snapshot, test Zim, and roll-back as
> many times as needed until I get it working. If my build runs on a
> clean XP SP 3 install, it should hopefully work for anyone. I will be
> sure to determine for certain whether VC++ Runtime or other missing
> parts of the OS are needed to be included in the installer. Why the
> Visual C++ runtime libraries are not included in the OS installer is
> beyond my comprehension. I hate building software for Windows.

Thanks, Brendan. Zim 0.56 is out. I don't know how many Windows users
Zim has, but if it is a hassle then I can live with 0.54 for the month
that I will be stuck with Windows.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il