Re: Sharing images between notes?

On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 3:35 PM, Yu <yu_icq@xxxxxx> wrote:
> 2012/4/23 Jaap Karssenberg <jaap.karssenberg@xxxxxxxxx>:
>> On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 11:08 AM, Yu <yu_icq@xxxxxx> wrote:
>>> I did a little test today and set the Document root to ".", which was
>>> translated to the absolute path of the notebooks root folder.
>>> Is there some reason for this behaviour? Being able to use something
>>> like "." or "./.documentroot" directly as the document root would be
>>> useful for the portability of the notebooks across devices.
>>
>> The usage of "." indeed does not work. But try setting it to
>> "./documentroot" or something similar. Works fine with me as relative
>> path.
>>
>> -- Jaap
>
> How comes? "." works for me the same way as does "./documentroot":
> They get translated to an absolute path.

Just to be sure, what version are you using ?  This got patched in
version 0.51 by Jiri, so if you are on an older version it will not
work.

> Just to be sure: If you set the document root to "./documentroot" in
> the GUI ("File => Properties"), and then reopen that dialog, it will
> still be recorded as a relative path?
>
> Maybe it should be noted, that my notebooks don't reside in the home
> directory, but on windows drive "E:" (/cygdrive/e/); therefore "."
> gets translated like this:
>    .  =>  /cygdrive/e/zim-notebooks/Notes/
>    ./documentroot  =>  /cygdrive/e/zim-notebooks/Notes/documentroot

I'm running directly under windows, not using cygwin, so I don't know
if the cygwin environment somehow bugs the code when comparing paths.
Did you run the zim test suite under cygwin ? If the path handling is
NOK it should trigger errors in the test cases as well.