Re: ZIM - a name or tag-line change?

Hi Jules,

Thanks for your interesting story. I totally agree with you. Zim
should be more widely known, since it's a very good piece of software.
I think that part of its excellence comes from its versatility. That's
why long ago I asked other members to post their use cases on this
forum. Sometimes it's enlightening seeing how others are using Zim.
Probably, if we could put together more real-life examples of what you
can do with Zim and Jaap could publish these example on one or more
pages, you would have found Zim in the first place. That could be a
good move from a SEO point of view. Lots of targeted content with
relevant keywords.

Regarding changing the tagline, I think it's entirely on the project's
founder. But yes, desktop wiki is somewhat limiting Zim's
possibilities.

On the other hand, let's try not to forget Zawinski's Law of Software
Envelopment: "Every program attempts to expand until it can read mail.
Those programs which cannot so expand are replaced by ones which can."
:-) I would hate seeing Zim become bloatware (I'm all confident that
Jaap is too clever to do so, BTW).

:)

Kind regards

Marco Cevoli
Traduttore tecnico. Grafico. Congiungitore di punti.
http://www.marcocevoli.com
info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
t 34 675 800 826
My t-shirt shop: http://vulnavia.spreadshirt.net