Re: Firefox addon - Zim-clip 0.5.2 : alternative location for Zim

> On Mon, 8 Apr 2013 08:56:51 +0200
> Jaap Karssenberg <jaap.karssenberg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> n Sun, Apr 7, 2013 at 10:41 AM, Rui Nibau
> <rui.nibau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:
>
> > Le 06/04/2013 23:14, nomnex a écrit :
> >
> >> I take the opportunity to ask you a question:
> >> When I have an instance of Zim already running (notebook 'foo'
> >> open), and I copy some web content to the same notebook, Zim-clip
> >> creates another instance of the Zim tray icon on the task bar. It
> >> happens on a XFCE DE. Is there a setting to prevent it?
> >>
> >> NB: I do not use the Tray icon preference "create a separate icon
> >> for each notebook"
> >>

> > I can't tell you. I'm on Gnome 3 and each action of zim-clip (clips
> > or marks) just use an already opened instance or open a new
> > instance if Zim was closed.
> >

> Nomnex, do you perhaps run zim with the "--standalone" option
> enabled ?
>
> If so that will cause each call to start a new process. Otherwise zim
> should simply connect to the existing process to execute requests.

no, I don't. I wonder if another XFCE user experienced the same thing?
As long as I start Zim using the zim-clip, all the notebooks I open
use a unique tray icon.

But, if I open a Zim notebook first, and then use the Zim-clip addon; it
creates another instance of the tray icon. I can left click (to see all
the open notebooks)/right click (to open another notebook) on the
zim-clip tray icon (the second one), but I can't left/right click on the
zim tray icon (the first instance) anymore.

What I usually do, is to close the first tray icon.

Rui doesn't see that on Gnome 3. It's a minor annoyance, and I don't
know if it is related to the Xfce panel or a configuration?

--
nomnex <nomnex@xxxxxxxxx>
Freenode: nomnex