Zim Wiki community wiki

Thanks for coming up with an alternative since DokuWiki broke, Jaap.

Contributing to a documentation project on GitHub might be a little tricky
for those who are used to a system like DokuWiki, but it should work just
fine for us who are interested in Zim, I hope. On the other hand, it may be
easier than DokuWiki for those who are used to software development
workflows where you check out a resource, make changes to source code, and
push changes back to the source.

If no one else does so in the next couple of weeks, I'll try to get in
there and make a definitive set of instructions for newbies to contribute
to the wiki (assuming the audience is not familiar with DVCS workflows and
git), by the middle of November. I've also got some actual content I'll be
adding in the next couple of months.

On Tue, Oct 29, 2013 at 4:40 PM, Jaap Karssenberg <
jaap.karssenberg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In the mean time I did look into why the community wiki on the website
> stopped working. Turns out the php install of my hosting provider is no
> longer compatible with the dokuwiki install. As an experiment I moved the
> main content (*) to a github wiki.
>
> So the community documentation can now be found here:
> https://github.com/jaap-karssenberg/zim-wiki/wiki
>
> Feel free to contribute and document any hacks there as well.

Follow ups