Re: How to create a journal

On 29 January 2014 18:06, Agustin Lobo <aloboaleu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> ok, thanks. This is what I understand:
>
> 1. The way to create a journal page is by clicking on the a date in the
> calendar
> 2. The only special properties of a journal page are that
>    2.1. it is linked to the given date in the calendar
>    2.2 the tasks get implicit date and appear with this date in the
> tasks list (if option is activited)
> 3. There can be only one journal for each notebook

Addition to 1. is to press <alt>d which will create a Journal page for
today and go to that page. If it is already created, you will jump there.

Unless something has changed, 3. is a correct assumption.

Now, how do you move along with only one Journal and many projects? Use
backlinks.
When you are located on a project page, press <shift><ctrl>L which will
copy the namespace path to the page you are located on.
Then press <alt>d to move to todays Jounal entry
Press <ctrl>v to paste a link to your project page.

Positive side effect off this is that if you have the backlink pane active
(or you could press the backlink button in the status bar) you will have a
list of all the dates when you worked on this particular project. If you
have tear-off menues enabled, you can detach the list from the backlink
button. By clicking on each date, you can quickly inspect what you have
done in the past. This does not work with the backlink pane as it will
change when you change page. The tear-off menu wil stick

--
Svenn