zim-wiki team mailing list archive
Mailing list archive
Installing additional plugin (example new treemap plugin)
Continued from topic 'Can Text2mindmap insert a figure directly into the zim page?'
Dear NorfCran / Jaap,
thanks a lot! I still have an issue with the installation - sorry for bothering with the installation. What I did:
- copy the contents of the plugin to local file treemap.py
- copy file to the following directories, just to be sure:
1) /usr/share/pyshared/zim/plugins/ (existed)
2) ~/.local/lib/python2.6/site-packages/. (had to create from lib on, based on http://www.zim-wiki.org/manual/Plugins.html)
3) ~/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/. (had to create it)
- chmod go+rxw treemap.py in all directories, then rehash
- close and open zim
- go to Edit > Preferences > Plugins ==> couldn't find name 'Insert TreeMap'
'python --version' says Python 2.7.3.
Do I have to manually import it into python somehow before zim sees it?
On the recommended page http://legacy.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0370/, only python 2.6 and 3.0 are mentioned.
Any help greatly appreciated.
On 01/10/14 01:35, NorfCran wrote:
I just finished conversion of the custom tool Text2mindmap and now it
follows your example. Previously, I thought that it will be sufficient to
have only the custom tool, but your feedback made me reconsider Hope some
other users can take advantage of this plugin.
All the best, NorfCran
On 30 September 2014 14:17, Hella Riede <hella_riede@xxxxxx> wrote:
Dear zim mailing list,
Jaap encouraged me to send my question concerning Text2mindmap here:
Dear Jaap, dear zim community,
I appreciate zim a lot. To try out the custom tools, I downloaded
In the "command" field of the zim custom tool dialogue, I entered
'~/bin/zim_mindmap.py %s', without the apostrophes.
The correct figure is produced from a certain page, but not inserted into
that page automatically. I can then insert it via the "insert > image"
dialogue, but I am relatively sure that the embedding of the figure was
meant to be automatic (?).
- I write the mindmap "code" into a page in the path /my/zim/test.txt
- then I save, refresh, and call the Text2mindmap custom tool
- result: the expected figure is written to /my/zim/test.png, but it is
not automatically embedded into the page
Thank you in advance for your help.
Ixtos (Linux Mint Maya, zim version 0.61)
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~zim-wiki
Post to : zim-wiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~zim-wiki
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp