Port to Qt

I noticed that there was a recent branch that ports zim to gtk 3. I'm sure that improves the esthetics, but I would think a far more ambitious goal with a higher payoff would be to port to Qt.

https://lists.launchpad.net/zim-wiki/msg03240.html

The biggest gain thereby would be to the ability to run zim on an ios device. Unless gtk has any plans to port to IOS (unlikely), this would be a big way to gain exposure for this excellent software. After all there must be half a billion iphones out there.

Additionally IOS doesn't really have any reader for .zim files, so zim could actually fill this role as well.

I am also told that Qt tends to look more "native". In my experience PySide is a lot easier to develop in then PyGtk, yet I understand such a task may be overwhelming. At one point there was a somewhat feeble effort to implement the GTK api with a Qt backend. If only we had that right?

Just how hard would such a project be?

Follow ups