Re: Port to Qt

Yeah I ran into that storage issue just trying to figure out how to read exported zim html on an ios device. I tried to launch it off of dropbox on the iphone and all the internal relative links just barfed. dropbox does some kind of odd remapping of the directory structure. I think the obfuscation is deliberate for non-paying dropbox customers.

There is Apple's icloud drive, but that is even more locked down. Only approved app.s can access it. One halfway approach would be to simply get some kind of output from zim that can actually be read on an ios device. You could save html on your own server on the cloud, or maybe zim -> latex -> pdf is the way to go. I haven't tried the latter path just yet.

If you have some way of reading your zim notes on ios, and then some reasonable method of importing ios note app output into zim, you would get a half solution for the interim.

I have done some development with PySide, the python Qt interface, and it's really pretty nice IMHO. My biggest complaint is that Qt dropped their C interface, its all C++. I realize that GTK is an entire framework, as is QT and thus it's a big switch. There only a few tools that have decent cross platform support and sufficient libraries to be of any interest. Qt is probably on that list, maybe Java. Cross platform development is still a pain the arse even with a great tool like python.

Matt Bromberg