Re: Port to Qt

I think actually zim would make an really nice tablet/phone application. It's primarily text based, with a simple and useful interface, that doesn't take up a lot of screen real estate. Since it makes evernote look stupid by comparison, it just might do well on ios or on android. Again it's just one man's opinion.

I'll have to check out codiad, I've never used it personally.

Now using html5 to create guis is a pretty good idea overall, at least in theory. I'm not sure how responsive it would be. A google search gives me a few candidates, each of which has their own flaws:

http://phonegap.com/
Somehow they 'compile' the html and css in phonegap to speed up performance. I'm not sure how that works. There is no direct desktop support, though some have hacked the output to support that.

http://rhomobile.com/
free for noncommercial, not sure if they support the desktop probably not.

http://www.appcelerator.com/titanium/
 This is actually javascript based.

Google supposedly has an html gui toolkit
 http://www.gwtproject.org/
It's java based. Google is even worse than microsoft at abandoning their projects so I just don't know.

However since we all like python, perhaps looking at this cross platform toolkit is a good idea, outside of the usual pygtk or pyqt/pyside wrappers.

http://kivy.org/#home

-Matt