Re: Port to Qt

I use Zim a little. It is a fine piece of software, but I don't have a day-to-day need for it. There were features I needed that were not present - for example handling data, full text searching, pages appearing in more than one hierarchy.

So, for my own use I have written a replacement in Python 2 using the PyQt4 libraries. Qt has some nice tools for creating a notebook application, for example QtTextEdit. Likewise QtWebKit allows you to integrate a browser with the editor. You might wonder why, but data extraction from one to the other is useful when the notebook application has direct access to the web page content.

It was also easy to include full text indexing using the Whoosh library.

In my experience, it would be better to start from scratch on something similar to Zim rather than trying to migrate the current code to Qt, though someone who is more familiar with the Zim code might disagree.