From: Mario Daniel Carugno [mailto:carugnom@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Montag, 10. August 2015 13:06
To: krisztianmukli@xxxxxxxx
Cc: Güven, Ugur Murat; Zim
Subject: Re: [Zim-wiki] Where I install ditaa plugin ?

I don't have any 'ditaeditor.py' file ...
I'm using a portable zim desktop, but I think it should be the same, right ?

In some manual page says that plugins should be copied to python's site-package folder

If a plugin is distributed as a separate python module, it should be installed
such that zim can find it. For use specific plugins you can install them
Python's "per user site-package directory".

For example for python 2.6 this folder is:
Unix (including Mac OS X): ''~/.local/lib/python2.6/site-packages''
Windows: ''%APPDATA%/Python/Python26/site-packages'

So, do I need to have Python installed for running plugins ?
It's confusing so far ...

Hi, I use this method:

1. Copy ditaa somewhere (e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\Ditaa) and add that directory to the PATH

2. Edit C:\Program Files (x86)\Zim Desktop Wiki\zim\plugins\ditaaeditor.py file in a text-editor (notepad, for example):

Find an comment (or delete) next line (somewhere in the top of the file):

dotcmd = ('ditaa')

replace it or add to the next line:

dotcmd = ('java -jar "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Ditaa\\ditaa0_9.jar<file:///\\Ditaa\ditaa0_9.jar>"')

3. That's it, restart Zim and check Ditaa-plugin.

Best regards

Mukli Krisztián