Re: Pasting from PowerPoint as text?

You can usually do an intermediate step where you paste into a "dumb"
editor that does not support any kind of rich text, then copy from there
and paste into Zim.  Gedit, Notepad, and Text Editor are all good for
that.  I use that trick all the time to clear all kinds of cruft out of
stuff when I just want the plain text.  You lose all formatting, but for
me, 95% of the time that's the point anyway.

OK, I lied slightly.  I used to use the editor trick above, but now I
mostly have a command line: 'read the clipboard | do stuff | write the
clipboard' trick.  I do something like the following to do both the
above and trim leading/trailing white space.  Note this is untested
as-written because it's adapted and simplified from some crufty scripts
and aliases:

Linux:
    xsel -b | perl -pe 's/^\s+//; s/\s+$/\n/;' | /xsel -bi

Mac:
    pbpaste | perl -pe 's/^\s+//; s/\s+$/\n/;' | pbcopy

Windows (Requires UnxUtils and ActivePerl (or could use UnxUtils `sed`))
    getclip | perl -pe "s/^\s+//; s/\s+$/\n/;" | putclip

On 01/07/2016 10:16 AM, Paulo van Breugel wrote:
> Same seems to be true for excel, which is in that case actually very
> convenient / handy:
> https://github.com/jaap-karssenberg/zim-wiki/wiki/Create-a-table-using-LibreOffice%2C-OpenOffice-or-Excel
>
> On Thu, Jan 7, 2016 at 4:08 PM, Jaap Karssenberg
> <jaap.karssenberg@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:jaap.karssenberg@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>
>     Hi Marco,
>
>     Sorry for the late reply. This is an issue that is bugging me as
>     well. Problem is that applications need to negotiate about the
>     format to use, looks like powerpoint prefers images over plain
>     text. Will need some investigation to get it to work differently.
>
>     Regards,
>
>     Jaap
>

>     On Tue, Nov 10, 2015 at 9:20 PM, Marco Cevoli
>     <marco.cevoli@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:marco.cevoli@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>
>         Hi,
>
>         when I copy and paste text from Microsoft PowerPoint into Zim
>         Wiki,
>         the text is pasted as an image. Is this the expected behaviour? Is
>         there an option to always paste text as plain text? Maybe it's
>         a PPT
>         issue... I don't know...
>
>         Thanks in advance
>
>         Marco Cevoli