visual line break

Hi, guys.

I was wondering if there is a way to set a soft text wrapping (a visual line break, sorta) when the line reaches a defined number of characters. Bonus if words are not split between lines. =)

I use a tile window manager, thus I don't like to rely on the width of the window and more often than not, the lines are way too long for my taste, causing me to get lost between lines. As a workaround, I am using the panels to constraint the page, but it is not ideal.

The "distraction free editing" could be the perfect solution if it was not restricted to "full screen".

Thank you,

Thiago

--
Thiago Costa de Paiva