Re: Zim 0.72.0 released

Interesting to compare notes.

I work with Jekyll and markdown too to generate static sites, with
Github as the main collaboration platform. I use Typora as desktop
WYSIWYG editor (https://typora.io/) and sometimes try things with Zettlr
to organise writing (https://zettlr.com/) because it integrates nicely
with Zotero for references and is more of wiki with a focus on
(academic) writing.

However, Zim still is my notebook tool (and maybe a "rough draft/outline
tool", but not my "document production tool") because it:

- has integrated journaling and task management to keep a log and track
follow-up actions

- works really well for me to keep notes and files together

- offers quick keyboard navigation for note-keeping.

There's an example of how you can do static site generation from Zim
sources on Gitlab
(https://github.com/jaap-karssenberg/zim-wiki/wiki/Host-a-website-on-GitLab-Pages).
It's probably possible to do that with the new Github Actions too, to
make the workflow for publishing/updating a notebook a simple "git push".

With the Version plugin in Zim, saving a version to git is a simple
ctrl-shift-s away, or you can let is save versions automatically.

My content-keeping evolves as well, I'd say Zim is still an important
part of the ecosystem :-)

~~Rolf.

PS: there is also https://www.authorea.com as a sort of "Github for
writing" but it doesn't have a desktop version for offline use. It lets
you mix Latex, markdown, html, keep data files with the article, and has
several academic publishing workflow features.