Re: Zim 0.72.0 released

 Agreed. I would say Zim and Jekyll have different objectives.

Zim:
Mostly content for *private *consumption
Quick note taking and format
Still can be exported to html, pdf, markdown
Can publish a basic website
Simple layout
WYSIWYG
Best, quick and practical, note taking app I have tested
Can be improved on TODOs management

Jekyll:
Mostly content for *public *consumption
Generate website from markdown
Very customizable, with a themes
Not WYSIWYG, so you probably should use a markdown editor
Bigger community, more extensions and integrations

Others I had a look:
Website generators
https://jekyllrb.com/
https://gohugo.io/

Desktop - Private/draft note applications
https://www.giuspen.com/cherrytree/
https://www.mindforger.com/
https://tamlok.github.io/vnote/en_us
https://joplinapp.org/