Re: [Ayatana] OMG!Ubuntu a bane or a boon? [was]Re: The new default wallpaper

I actually didn't want to write for not pouring oil into this fire, but i figured it would be of interest that the rising issue of offensive behavior and inappropriate commenting on OMG! is an issue the Authors are well aware of and are looking into deeply with the release of the new Interface on the WordPress Platform. I cannot speak on behalf of the whole team but i know there will be several more people keeping their eyes open to that the new CoC will be kept intact and there will hopefully be less traction between Public Opinion and a supposedly-to-be-used-for-better-things Mailing List like this.

Like our friendly-neighborhood Superhero would say: "With great power, comes great responsibility"

On the other hand, whenever it comes to things like f.e. the bug report on the Wallpaper it's pretty much out of the Hands of the Authors cause virtually anybody can report a bug. People are just people, all they want is a clear statement, f.e. the reaction on the design.canonical Blog could've simply read "Yeah, it's just a WIP, calm down" OR "Yep, it's official, we like it, you can change it though". See? Less confusion and more straight talking makes Homer a happy person.

2010/8/29 Martin Owens <doctormo@xxxxxxxxx>
On Sun, 2010-08-29 at 18:12 +0200, Seif Lotfy wrote:
> The article has nothing brutish in it. The comments are not by the
> authors though.

I meant to say the commentators, do0d is nothing if not professional and
eloquent and I wouldn't want to make it look like I meant to say he was
in any way rude or offensive in his post.

Martin,