Re: [Ayatana] Messaging Menu and the MeMenu

On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 00:02, David Hamm <davidthamm@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>"Consider it "conversations""

and thats just it, a conversation shouldn't be nestled behind two clicks in a menu on the top right of the screen.

Some here argue that it's only one click to be exact, the Ayatana Indicators support touch-drag-release for actions.

I'd rather have the message just pop up in front of me then have to go through a menu. That is about as close to real life as you can get.

Good point! I want the experience to be "real" too, while some others want to move away from intrusive app behaviour.
To please everybody, it would make sense to make this one single item configurable, either through Presence settings or through our notorious preferences ;)