Re: [Ayatana] Unity - Web and People

On 03/11/10 01:16, Stuart Langridge wrote:
On Tue, 2010-11-02 at 20:03 -0400, Alex Launi wrote:
It seems like a U1 contacts backend to libfolks would be the most robust
approach.

This is definitely something we'd like to do. I've already tipped off
kenvandine that I'd like to talk about how libfolks and Ubuntu One and
gwibber all fit together in terms of contacts stuff, and if anyone has
any thoughts on that I'd be very interested in hearing them.

what happens in the cloud is not so important to visualize in the U1 webinterface, i think. The Unity UI to "manage Contacts" should be the point of focus. Every other app should be a consumer of the database managed by that "Place", preferrably of course via DBus. I would recommend for security reasons to restrict access to the Contacts database / libfolks database to priviledged apps, since this is a privacy thing right here..

Once i get my contacts right, merged all dupes and flagged all favs i think it's but an encrypted db table in the cloud, nothing more, nothing less. I once suggested using single v-cards for each individual, i learnt that it would be slower that way unless someone came along and wrote a pretty tracker backend for indexing contacts..