Re: cohesive chain test disabled in r2546

> pristine 2545 fails (both with clang++ and --debug).

I'm compiling with gcc (unless scons replaced it by clang silently?), could it explain why we have different behaviour? When you said it was broken, did you mean it failed in numbers matching or the script itself was broken?
In the second case, what sort of error do you have?
I tried with g++ as well, and then the test passes for both revision. For clang though, it passes with 2542 but not with 2545. I don't think it necessarily means that clang is broken (compared to g++, it tesnds to follows c++ standards more closely, for instance): which of the solutions is correct?

For me, clang is the primary compiler since a few months (it is SOO much faster; I only use g++ when I want to compile with openmp), I consider it a supported compiled. Therefore I would like you to install clang (lucid package in yade-external) and fix your test; I would do it, but honestly I don't know what it tests. We can just put the tolerance up a bit, so that it passes with clang.

The error I get (with r2545-clang; r2542-gcc, r2542-clang and r2545-gcc pass) is:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/lib/yade-r2545/dbg/py/yade/tests/cohesive-chain.py", line 61, in testMotion self.assertTrue(abs(tv2-v2)<abs(tolerance*tv2) and abs(tp2-p2)<abs(tolerance*tp2))
AssertionError

When I have the variables printed, I get (first is the value computed during the test, the second is the one checked against)

v1 -0.881733687928 -0.881733955694
p1 -0.0504220834044 -0.0504220815057
v2 -0.000742203353508 -0.0007511382705
p2 -0.0747407072156 -0.07474048423