asus-ul30 team mailing list archive

Re: How to updatethe BIOS Was: UL30A: BIOS bug in v212

On 17.05.2010 23:25 Joel Dimbernat wrote:
> Thank you, I now have been able to update my bios to v212!

Glad it works for you.

> But I still don't see bluetooth... which makes me think that maybe my model
> is not equiped with bluetooth... it seem to be tied to the 3G adaptor which
> I don't have :-)
> Stupid me.
>
> Anyway, I now have an up to date bios :-) I can now buy one of these cheap
> usb bluetooth adaptors...
>
> My model is UL30A-QX105V
> If anyone can confirm bluetooth presence or absence.

I can on my UL30A (BIOS v211) system (QX130V fitting). I have a
BCM2046B1 bluetooth chipset. I'm not perfectly sure but I think all
UL30A have this chip.

When I run this command I get to see a line containing the word
'bluetooth' (there are other bluetooth kernel modules whose names start
with 'blue'), indicating that the hardware driver is loaded:
  lsmod|grep ^blue
This is the result:
bluetooth              58621  9 rfcomm,sco,bnep,l2cap,btusb

asus-acpi indicates I have a bluetooth device:
# cat /sys/devices/platform/asus_laptop/bluetooth
1

And the bluetooth modules tell me about the chipset:
# cat /sys/class/bluetooth/hci0/name
BCM2046B1 Bluetooth Device

I have the bluetooth user space utilities installed:
> $ dpkg -l bluetooth\* bluez\*| grep ^ii
> ii  bluetooth                                       4.60-0ubuntu8                                   Bluetooth support
> ii  bluez                                           4.60-0ubuntu8                                   Bluetooth tools and daemons
> ii  bluez-alsa                                      4.60-0ubuntu8                                   Bluetooth audio support
> ii  bluez-cups                                      4.60-0ubuntu8                                   Bluetooth printer driver for CUPS
> ii  bluez-gstreamer                                 4.60-0ubuntu8                                   Bluetooth GStreamer support
> ii  bluez-utils                                     4.60-0ubuntu8                                   Transitional package

'sudo /etc/init.d/bluetooth status' reports:
 * bluetooth is running

And the following command nicely lists my bluetooth host controller
interface including its MAC address:
  hcitool dev

So I have it, and I bet you have it, too.

Moritz