asus-ul30 team mailing list archive

Re: Asus UL30Jt

Mike - sorry to hear it's still not working. For what it's worth, I've
used this method on multiple installs of Lucid without any issues.
Unfortunately I can't offer any useful suggestions for fixing this
outside of trying another fresh reinstall of the OS and then repeating
the steps I outlined below. Others on the list may have less drastic
solutions.

As a temporary workaround, you could always use the Skype in Express
Gate rather than resorting to Windows. The video seems to work well in
EG though there have been issues with the built in mic (mine doesn't
seem to work though an external mic does). Apparently some folks have
had success fixing this by reinstalling EG but I personally haven't
been motivated enough to try.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

--David