banking-addons-drivers team mailing list archive

Merge of bank-statement-reconcile with main branch

I tweeted yesterday because I tried to install both SEPA credit transfer from lp:banking-addons and the "clever" import/reconcile of bank statement from the "bank-statement-reconcile" banch at a customer site, but it failed. After some discussions with my collegue Sebastien, I figured out that, at Akretion, we never installed both the SEPA Credit Transfer module and the bank-statement-reconcile modules on the same OpenERP DB. This is a very absurd situation even inside Akretion France : - the customers that Sebatien looks after have the import of bank statements, but not the SEPA credit transfer / direct debit - the customers that I look after have the SEPA credit transfer / direct debit, but not the import of bank statement None of Akretion France customers have both !!! I guess it is the same situation with other integrators.

I do not follow the development of the bank-statement-reconcile branch, but a rapid look at it seems to show that the developers of bank-statement-reconcile-70 branch don't work on the main banking-addons branch, and the developers of the main banking-addons branch don't work on the bank-statement-reconcile branch. This may explain why the bank-statement-reconcile branch is still not merged in the main banking-addons branch. Do you know other reasons ?

I made a quick test with the following branches :
lp:banking-addons/7.0
lp:banking-addons/bank-statement-reconcile-7.0 <https://code.launchpad.net/%7Ebanking-addons-team/banking-addons/bank-statement-reconcile-70>

If you try to install modules from both branches, you will get conflicting views : - In account_banking/account_banking_view.xml line 181, the field "period_id" is removed from the tree view of account.bank.statement. - In bank-statement-reconcile-70/account_statement_ext/statement_view.xml line 87, the field "period_id" is also removed from the tree view of account.bank.statement.

There may be other conflicts, I don't know. Maybe it's just this one and it can be solved very easily.

So we really need to work on merging the bank-statement-reconcile-70 branch in the main "banking-addons" branch. As suggested by Joël, a code sprint on this issue would be great. Of course, a code sprint "in real life" is always better. I'll very probably attend FOSDEM (February 1-2 2014) with Sebastien... so if some of you also go there, we could find a few hours there to work on this and move forward.

--
Alexis de Lattre

Follow ups