banking-addons-drivers team mailing list archive

Re: banking refactoring next step

Hi,

Just a small precision:

On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 11:44 PM, Alexis de Lattre <
alexis.delattre@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> - should we merge OCA/bank-statement-reconcile and the bank statement
>>> import part of OCA/banking (we already said yes, but can we do it now?)
>>>

>> => Definitely yes !
>>

>>> - should we deprecate the bank statement import features we have in OCA
>>> in favor of a backport of the new framework in Odoo master branch?
>>>

>> => Yes, we should !
>>

> I may miss something, but your 2 answers above seems contradictory. If we
> deprecate the bank statement import features of OCA in favor of the new
> framework in Odoo master branch, it means that there is no point in
> continuing to put efforts on OCA/bank-statement-reconcile nor on the bank
> statement import part of OCA/banking... so it's probably not a good idea to
> put efforts in merging them.

=> It's not contradictory.  The idea is to use the import system of the
backport of the new framework of odoo v8.0 and remove the one used in
bank-statement-reconcile (this way we converge into one import system and
we can share effort developing various import format) . But in
bank-statement-reconcile we also have a whole reconciliation system that we
want to keep (especially on e-commerce context). So, ideally:

 - Extract the payment stuffs from banking-addons into a stand-alone module
that can be used by all systems (as Stéphane Bidoul suggested)

 - Use the backport of the new framework to import bank statement files

 - Keep the mass reconciliation system into bank-statement-reconcile

Regards,

Joël

--

*camptocamp*