banking-addons-drivers team mailing list archive

Re: banking refactoring next step

On Fri, Sep 19, 2014 at 10:40 AM, Joël Grand-Guillaume <
joel.grandguillaume@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> => It's not contradictory.  The idea is to use the import system of the
> backport of the new framework of odoo v8.0 and remove the one used in
> bank-statement-reconcile (this way we converge into one import system and
> we can share effort developing various import format) . But in
> bank-statement-reconcile we also have a whole reconciliation system that we
> want to keep (especially on e-commerce context). So, ideally:
>
>  - Extract the payment stuffs from banking-addons into a stand-alone
> module that can be used by all systems (as Stéphane Bidoul suggested)

Should we create a new OCA project for that, or keep OCA/banking (possibly
renamed) and simply not migrate the bank statement part to v8?

>  - Use the backport of the new framework to import bank statement files

Intuitively, that looks like the best approach to me. But Alexis is right
in saying we need to compare the 3 systems.
I quickly setup a google sheet so we can share our knowledge and compare
the features. Would mind providing input there?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R77W6xFFexM247mUen3N9uFacX-OZYtGcyP6HGgRjjU/edit?usp=sharing

This is also useful to prepare input for the Odoo v9 accounting workshop to
come.

 - Keep the mass reconciliation system into bank-statement-reconcile

+1

-sbi