c4c-dev team mailing list archive

Re: Large Binary Files

Hi again,
zenity is a gtk application, and AFAIK there is no real Qt equivalent..
but I have only used KDE a handful of times, and the same goes for LXQt.

So, if we want to make an installer we would need to do a few different
things.
a) make Qt and GTK installers
b) use a different toolkit (I am very familiar with FLTK using c++)
c) look into Qt dialog programs (do they exist, how good are they?)

A bash script is going to be the quickest and easiest way for me to
sketch out a program we can test, and use.

@Greg do you know any programming languages?

I don't have much experience using curl/rsync so my vote is for zsync,
as it is used for ISO downloads

I think as a further precaution we need to look into some sort of
passkey type thing for use with the binary files, in order to further
protect things, or some other way of verifying that the zsynced files
are going solely to a c4c machine (or someone installing c4c-music or
whatever)
I don't have any real suggestions for this right now... but just the
thought that we should do this

On 05/18/2015 12:12 PM, KI7MT wrote:
> HI Eric,
>
> You don't need the QT Opensource Installer .. that's for QT application
> development, which we are not doing at this point; it was just an
> example of lengthy downloads and accepting the EULA.
>
> Everything we need QT wise will be provided by the base Installation
> ISO. We don't need to be concerned about those packages.
>
> best regards,
>
> Greg.
>

> On 05/18/2015 11:07 AM, Eric Bradshaw wrote:
>> Guys,
>>
>> Again, no expertise - but, my thought is we may want to use the QT Open
>> Source installer simply because Lubuntu is transitioning to LXQt
>> (supposedly) by 15.10 - so maybe we'd be prepared? Apologies if one
>> would have nothing to do with the other.
>>
>> Eric
>>
>> On 05/18/2015 09:14 AM, KI7MT wrote:
>>> Hi Israel, All,
>>>
>>> Yes, zsync, rsync or even curl could do that job easily. A simple shell
>>> script could do what is needed here.
>>>
>>> If you have ever used MSYS/MinGW, this is exactly how their installer
>>> works for pulling packages to install form the SF server. The same for
>>> the QT Open Source installer, and it pull a is HUGE amount of data at
>>> install.
>>>

>>> best regards,
>>>
>>> Greg.
>>>
>>> On 05/18/2015 07:43 AM, Israel wrote: