clicompanion-devs team mailing list archive

Re: Clicompanion 1.1 release process

On 11/26/2011 11:32 AM, bdfhjk wrote:

> 1) This message will be showed only in emergency situation - possibly
> never.

OK; I still think if we add messages that the application can output,
then they need to be translatable, even they will only rarely be seen.

> 2) My code should convert your custom file to new version. It not work?

It works; the second issue I mentioned is that, if we add 100 more
commands to /etc/clicompanion.d/clicompanion2.config when I install a
new version of clicompanion, existing users who already have a
.clicompanion2 file will never see the new default commands.  I think
this is a design issue -- clicompanion copies the default file, rather
than only storing per-user custom commands in ~/.clicompanion2 .

Jonathan